Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday: Facts

Some facts of students, teachers, and teaching:
  • You know the teacher in "The Christmas Story"? You know the drawer she has with the chattering teeth and all the other things she had taken from the students? I so have one of those...minus the chattering teeth.
  • Remember when you got home from school and didn't want to do your homework? Teachers don't want to either, but it's the grading that we don't want to do. One of these days I will learn that if I don't give homework, I won't have to grade it.
  • Teachers swear, just not when the students around. But for the record, at least once a day I want to swear either at a student or at some stupid thing a student is doing.  Also at least once a day, I stop myself from swearing and "G rate" my language before it comes out of my mouth. 
  • We can all remember getting together with our friends to vent about how a teacher drives you absolutely crazy.  Well, chances are that your teachers got together at some point and vented about how you drove them absolutely nuts too.  
  • The joke of when the teachers says, "Please get out your homework," and the students yells, "What homework?!" will NEVER be funny.  Please pass that on to future generations.
  • Speaking of future generations...those of you with small children or who are planning on children, please teach them the common sense of bringing a pencil to class.  Somehow, the current generation has missed that lesson and will go to class without one.
  • More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment